Dr Safdar Ali ShahProf. Dr Safdar Ali Shah is a professor and head of department of Urology KEMU/Mayo hospital Lahore.He is a well known Urologist and Kidney transplantation surgeon of Pakistan.
He is expert in Andrology(sexology) male infertility and urethral reconstuction surgery.
MBBS from King Edward Medical University
Master-In Surgery (Urology) From The University of the Punjab, Pakistan
FCPS( Fellow Ship In Urology) From The College of Physicians and Surgeons, Pakistan CPSP No.Uro/96/1863.
FRCS (Fellow of Royal College Of Surgeons of Edinburgh) U.K. From Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh, U.K.
Fellowship In Minimal access Surgery, F. Mas From (WAL ,World association of Laparoscopy USA)
Administration degree( COl)common wealth of learning) MPA(Master Public Administration) From Allama Iqbal Open university Islamabad Pakistan
1. Highly professionally qualified(FCPS,FRCS,MS urology)
2. Holding administration degree (MPA)
3. Experience of administration for nine years as Head Of Urology and haemodialysis SZMC Rykhan,Fatima Jinnah medical college,pgmiLhr
4. Chairman board of studies of M S urology KEMU
5. Chairman medical board kemu/mayo hospital urology deptt
6. Member academic council kemu
7. Member senate committee kemu
8. Approved supervisor for PGR FCPS training in Urology by CPSP Karachi
9. Examiner for last seven years for FCPS-2 urology by CPSP, Karachi & M S Urology UHS Lahore
10.Member faculty of urology CPSP Karachi
11. Reviewer for journal of College Of Physicians And Surgeons Pakistan
12. Reviewer for journal urology annals Saudi Arabia
13. Associate editorObstetrics & Gynecology International Journal (OGIJ) open access journal
14. member Editorial board Scientia Ricerca! OPVS JOURNAL OF OPHTHALMOLOGY
15. member editorial boardEC CANCER JOURNAL
16. Member Editorial board of international journal of surgery India (isj)
17. Member editorial board of journal MEDICAL FORUM Pakistan
18. Works with professor Fateh Khan Akhter, late Prof Farrukh Ahmed Khan and Prof Eice Muhammad legends of medical profession and they are my referees.
19. Ex President. Pakistan Association Of Urological Surgeons (PAUS) RYK.
“Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing.”
— Richard James Molloy
CLINICAL EXPERIENCE & TRAINING:
- Thesis writing on management of detrusor Instability by bladder drill & its Comparison by placebo (flavoxate Hydrochloride).
- Management of Renal Lithiasis by extra-corporeal shock wave Lithtripsy (ESWL) Review of 100 cases.
Clinical Lecture Delivered on Symposia At Prince Abdullah Bin Abdul AzizHospital (Bisha ) Saudi Arabia.on
1 – Management Of Impotence, Role of Viagra (Sildenafil ).
- Recent Advances in The Management Of Benign Prostate Hyperplasia.
- BilharziasizIn Saudi Arabia.
Paper Presentation At Sec &3rd National Nephro-urology Conference At Lahore & Rawalpindi, Pakistan, On 12th-13 Dec. 1990,1991.
- Papers published In MEDICAL FORUM MONTHLY SSN 1029/385X
Journal, Pakistan Register No. CPL/317 Recognized by PMDC, Pakistan
- The Management Of Unstable Bladder By Flavoate Hydrochloride (GENURIN) Vol.60 No. 3 March 2005
- The Management of Detrusor Instability by Bladder drill Vol. 16 No.2 Feb. 2005.
- The Management Of Renal Stones By ESWL Vol. 16 No.1 Jan. 2005 5.Use of Internet For Postgraduate Doctors Medical Forum Vol 17,No 2 Feb, 2006.
- Our Experience With The Management of Superficial Bladder Cancer (TCC),
- The role of Intravesical Adjuvant BCG Therapy, oct- Dec,edition 2006,vol.12 issue-4 in Annals of KingEdward Medical college,
- Effect on plasma testosterone level by heroin addiction and its restoration by withdrawal in Medical Forum, vol.18 No.3 March 2007.
- Fracture Penis-A urological Emergency,Our experience with Early surgical intervention vol.19 N0 3 jul-sept 2008 journal of PGMI,LHR.
- Case reports of primary adrenal Lipoma in jcpsp no 07.vol 19 july 2009.
- Insulin Resistance Syndrome in Type-2 Diabetes Mellitus Patients, Vol-19. Number-4, Oct.-Dec. 2008 JPGMI, LHR.
- Long-standing penile strangulation by a thread leading to urethral constriction A CASE Report Nov2009 BJUI
- Vesical stone Around Migrated intrauterine contraceptive device (IUCD)A case report in JFJMC vol 8 no 3 sept2014
- Iatrogenic foreign body in urinary bladder april2015 vol 25 no 4 page 304-305 jcpsp short communication
- ultrasound guided percutaneous nephrostomy by seldinger technique in obstructive uropathy an observational study april 2015 (http://www.ecronicon.com
- ABDOMINAL SUPERNUMERARY TESTIS HAVING YOLK SAC TUMOR IN ASSOCIATION WITH POLYORCHIDISM in process jcpspKarachi
- POST PCNL RENAL ARTERY PSEUDOANURYSM: A CASE REPORT in process jcpspkarachi
RESEARCH & PUBLICATION IN PROGRESS:
- Renal Lithiasis& Role Of Diet.
- J-Stent Stone a Rare Complication in Patients with Bilharziasis. 3 A Case report Of Bilharziasis Of Glans Penis
- Assir Orthopedic Club (8thassir orthopedic club meeting) Thursday 11th June 1998 At PABA Hospital Bisha KSA.
- Assir Surgical Club (20thassir surgical club meeting) On Feb 25, 1999 At PABA Hospital Bisha KSA. .
- Symposium on Acute Upper Gastrointestinal Bleeding On 10th June 1999 at PABA Hospital Bisha KSA.
(WHO Collaborating Centre for research & training in educational development of health personnel).
- Educational Planning & Evaluation. June 5-8, 2006. Department of Medical Education & National Teachers Training Centre, College of Physicians & Surgeons Pakistan.
- Methodology, Biostatistics & Medical Writings 26-29 June, 2006
- Assessment of competence of medical graduates & postgraduates in September 2007.
- One day International Workshop On PCNL & Laparoscopic Urological Surgery At Sheikh Zayed Postgraduate Medical Institute, Lahore 6th Feb,2005.
- Supervisory skills on April 22-25, 2008.
- Workshop on problem based learning on 16-18 Aug. 2009 at Rawalpindi Medical College.
- Workshop on Research & Biostatistics SPSS program on 03-04-Dec. 2009 at Sheikh Zayed Medical College, Rahim Yar Khan.
TRAINING COURSE COMPLETED:
Basic General Arabic Language Course At PABA Hospital Bisha On 23th May 1998 To 22nd August 1998,KSA.Under MOH